Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Reopening

Up until about 6 years ago, I was pretty much your average guy.  Perhaps the only thing that would make the description of me stray at all from that “average” label was my love for wearing women’s lingerie.  While it probably wouldn’t be unfair to call it a fetish, and while it almost certainly started out as such, by this time it had definitely outgrown that label.  There wasn’t anything sexual gratifying about putting on a pair of panties.  I did it because it felt right.  And why not?  They look better than anything made for men.  They come from softer, more sensual, and more delicate fabrics than anything intended for men.  So much more thought, attention, and care went into these garments.  For me, it wouldn’t have made sense not to wear them.


The other thing that set it apart was what a wide range of products could fit under the label “panties”.  There were the styles:  thong, brief, bikini, boyshort, etc.  There were the fabrics:  nylon, cotton, lace, satin, etc.  There was the endless list of designers…price anywhere from $5 into the 4-figure range.  There could be a college major called “panties” there was so much information out there to digest. 


There was almost a daily occurrence of finding myself falling down the rabbit hole of online shopping, each google search of a designer leading me to more retailers.  It wasn’t long before I realized that I needed an outlet to communicate everything I was finding and learning about.  Why not start a blog?

Back in 2008 I did just that.  Over the next 5 years the blog served as my outlet on all things lingerie.  During that time the blog took on many forms.  It started out just as a vessel for me to express my love for lingerie.  For quite a while it became more about hosiery and pantyhose than about lingerie, itself.  At one point it took a more vintage feel, with stockings getting a lot of attention, as well.  But what started out as a tool for me to express myself quickly became something much bigger, to me.  It became a lesson in an underserved fashion area.  It became a way for me to educate myself about my passion, and pass on what I learned.  I was often anxious and excited to learn about a new designer, or the latest style, because that would be something new and important to blog about.

Then it all came to an end.

This entire time, the blog was like an alter-ego of mine.  In my everyday life almost nobody knew I wore women’s underwear, every day, much less that I had developed this extensive knowledge about lingerie that I was now blogging regularly about.  It was during this time that I accidentally posted a link to a pantyhose review that I had done on my personal social network that was meant for just my blog followers.  It wasn’t until then that I had considered how quickly my secret could get out, and the potential impact of that.  I had deleted the status update in question, and, to this day, I believe I did it before anyone got a chance to see it.  But it drove home to me the risk I was taking and how many people close to me might feel differently about me if they knew this secret.  The choice seemed easy and, in an instant the blog was gone.

Almost two years later, I’m finally ready to come back.  I have a different perspective on things, I think.  It won’t be about using every media outlet possible to try to reach as many readers as possible.  First and foremost, this is personal.  If no one else reads it, that’s fine with me.

But if you’re here reading it now, welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment