Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Wolford Obsession

Know this:  while I love pantyhose, I am obsessed with Wolford.  Obsessed.

It began several years back, when I began to incorporate pantyhose into my everyday attire.  From the beginning, I realized how nice it felt to wear pantyhose, but I didn't know much about what set one brand apart from another.  I became intrigued by Wolford because they were the only brand to have a stand alone boutique whereas I would need to shop for others either online or in department stores.  There was something immediately impressive about a brand, known primarily for pantyhose, being able to sustain its own retail shop. 

My first trip in there was probably pretty overwhelming, but the store manager, a woman named Tara, was able to walk me through all the different fits and styles.  I ended up with one of their more basic styles, 'The Individual 20', which turned out to be a much better than average basic matt 20 denier pantyhose.  It was in a future trip, however, where she'd show me the Satin Touch 20, a similar look to the Individual 20, except that it gave off a radiant shine.  I was instantly infatuated.

Now every season Wolford introduces, in addition to their basic shades, different seasonal colors for the Satin Touch 20.  I am constantly trying to get all of them.  The local boutique often gives me a heads-up that new shades are arriving, often putting them aside or ordering extras from Austria in my size.  Getting the seasonal colors are key because, once they're gone, they're gone, and they're never coming back.

If you've never tried the Satin Touch 20, I beg you to try them.  As pantyhose go, they're on the expensive side ($35 regular price), but I promise you, you'll love them.  With just the minimum care, they'll last longer than any other pantyhose you've owned, and feel and look amazing as well.  If you're someone who has never liked pantyhose, trying these will probably change your mind. 

Just be careful.  Like me, you may just find yourself becoming obsessed.   

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! Long time no see. I hope all is well with you and great to have you back. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good investment. The price is all worth it if they last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Le sigh...the subtle sheen of the Satin is just exquisite!

    xx

    ReplyDelete