Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 10 Panties of 2014

I admit it.  I'm a sucker for year-end countdown lists.  It seems like no matter what it is, as soon as I see a "Top whatever of how long" link or show, I'm sucked in.

I think it's because, as fast as time sometimes seems to fly, we also have a tendency to lose track of what was so important to us not that long ago...six months, a year, however long.  These silly gimmicks give us an opportunity to look back.

So...even though I've only been back blogging about a month, I've been buying and trying (way too many) panties all year.  So why not take a quick moment to revisit the ten I liked the most, with a few words about each.

So, here goes...

Just missed the cut:  Free People Whisper High Waist Undie

Okay, so I had to add one extra one.  It was worth it.  This panty is incredibly comfy, made of sheer mesh, with just a touch of lace trim at the leg.  In addition to being comfy, it's also just the right amount of flirty, with the see-through mesh.  It was sort of the best of both worlds.  I remember not wanting to take them off.



#10:  Stella McCartney Stella Lace Thong

Also somewhat sheer, but incredibly detailed, this was simply an amazing panty.  The floral lace and scalloped waist made this seem like less of a panty and more like a work of art.  Despite that, it felt as smooth and comfortable as something made out of cotton.  Just the thing of luxury I've come to expect from Stella.


#9:  Wolford Sheer Touch String

I hopefully said it all in yesterday's review.  It's a must-have basic.


#8:  Between the Sheets Come Out and Play Thong

Made of super soft and stretch lightweight modal, this panty is the ultimate in comfort.  In addition, it's stretch lace waist and two pretty bows add the perfect amount of femininity. 


#7:  Eberjey Pima Goddess Picot Edge Thong

Another just absolute must-have thong.  Once again it's stretchy cotton for a barely there look and super comfort.  The lacy edge and center bow give it the "girly upgrade".

#6:  Natori Bliss Smooth Briefs

2014 may just have been "Natori Year" for me.  It seemed like everything I tried on I loved.  The Bliss Smooth Briefs were my favorite high waist panties this year.  Done up with lace at the waist and hips, the body of the panty were made out of smooth and sensuous stretch nylon.  These panties are an absolute pleasure to wear.


#5:  Only Hearts Whisper Thong

Made from an Italian net mesh, these may just be the sexiest panties on the list.  Lightweight and stretchy...if they weren't so unforgettable, you may forget you were wearing anything at all.


#4:  Chantelle Merci Tanga Thong

Perhaps the most luxurious panty I got my hands on this year.  The Chantele name probably says it all.  Designed in France with a lace all-over look, the back also comes with a keyhole opening and center bow for even more seduction.


#3:  Elle MacPherson Dentelle Thong

My number 1 thong of the year.  I'm not sure what I can say that the picture below won't be saying better than me.  I don't think you could ever put more feminine detail into a panty than Elle did here.  It's only outdone by how comfortable it feels and how well it fits.


#2:  Else Signature High Waist Brief

I profiled the designer last week.  And with good reason, everything she creates is just stunning.  I got the opportunity to check out the Signature High Waist Brief and it was beyond my wildest expectations.  Made of silk in a high waist retro/pinup style it feels and looks like nothing I've ever owned before.  It is everything anyone could ever want in a panty.



#1:  Natori Feathers Girl (photos courtesy of the amazing Journelle.com)

Without a doubt the panty of 2014.  I can say with confidence that I didn't see anything else like it this past year.  It is a perfect combination of lace and mesh for a truly one-of-a-kind look.  The wide band of lace on both the front and the back give it this incredibly gorgeous and feminine look while the all-over mesh somehow makes it one of the most comfortable panties I own.  There aren't too many panties left that have a look that makes me stop in my tracks and stare.  This may be the only one that actually feels better than it looks.



I hope you all have an amazing and wonderful New Year.  I'll see you in 2015.  Be sure to make some room in your panty drawer for what's coming next...

3 comments:

  1. All of the blue panties are my faves. Happy New Year's Eve! Best wishes! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still coveting the Wolford Sheer Touch String after reading your review.

    Happy New Year hun!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the nude underwear.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete