Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Profile: Else

Sometimes the panties find you…



Even though it’s been almost two years since I pulled the plug on my other lingerie blog, there are still certain times when I find myself back in the blogger mind state. 

 
When I try on a new piece of lingerie, or I’m trying something from a designer I’ve never tried before, there are times when I’ll start writing the review in my head.  Despite the fact that the words were no longer being typed out, I couldn’t escape them circling around my head, as I experience my new purchase. 

 
That was most certainly the case with the Else panties I recently purchased.  The signature high waist brief was quite honestly like nothing I had ever seen before. 
 

It is done in a retro/pinup style, with the panties rising up towards the natural waist.  It is contoured to fit the curves of the wearer, hugging all of the right parts. 

 
But it’s what the wearer is being hugged with that makes these briefs so amazing…and that would be silk.  The panties are made from almost entirely silk (94%) with just a small bit of elastane so they can stretch to fit comfortably.  



The hand-crafted details on these briefs are stunning.  Down both the front and the back of the panties are V-shaped panels that are done in Chantilly lace. 



The lace details are simply gorgeous, just oozing both generous amounts of sophistication and femininity.  When I found them on sale at the boutique near where I live, I was speechless…but also disappointed as all they had left was Medium size.



I couldn’t resist, though, and still had to have them.  Fortunately for me, they run a little on the larger side and the Medium fit just perfectly.  I may own quite a few pairs of panties, at this point, but these may just be the star of my collection.
 
 
Else is located in Istanbul.  The atelier was founded by Ela Onur, who was raised in her family’s lingerie business.  



She grew up surrounded by lingerie artisans and designers and put every bit of that experience into her products.  The focus is on creating pieces that are both timeless and luxurious, blending both aesthetics and comfort.

 
She is involved in the design of every garment that comes from Else, with her goal being to share her passion and inspiration her customers. 



It takes just one look at a piece like the Signature High Waist Brief to see every bit of that passion and inspiration.  Just one try for me made me a loyal customer going forward…   

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these panties are lovely! I I'm not usually one for high waist panties, but they look so beautiful and feminine that I'm totally up to giving them a try. Here in my town we have a lingerie store that is so amazing. I never knew I could love a bra so much (lol). I think it's time that I start investing in their underwear as well!

    So happy you're back :)

    Amber
    A•Mused Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two looks are gorgeous, but I'm absolutely obsessing over the last one - I want!

    Welcome back to the blogosphere babe - you were missed!

    xx

    ReplyDelete